Monday, November 21, 2011

What is the meaning of this Fugazi song?

I have never quite been able to figure out what the song Break In is about. I know it's about sex- in some way. But the line "she can't get outside, she's the covering' has never made sense to me.


Fugazi - Break-In lyrics





And he's happy because she's got skin


And she's happy just to let him in


When he asks will you let me in?


And from a place where they share skin,


They say come inside and he's happy because she's got skin


And it's sweet when she let's him in,


No sin but there's a time when the skin wears thin


And she's working on another skin deep inside deep inside break-in


And he wonders will my money, will it cover for me


Can i stay outside and let it cover for me?


She can't get outside, she can't get outside


She's the covering

What is the meaning of this Fugazi song?
I know Fugazi has atleast one or two songs about rape, not sure of this is one of them


No comments:

Post a Comment