Saturday, July 24, 2010

My mom has extreme skin problems!?

everyday she is complaining that her skin hurts, its really gross to look at


it has like really deep cuts and extremly cracked skin, she said it hurts so bad she can barley open her hand


she has been to so many demetologists, and has tried every perscription there is, so don't suggest any!


she can barely take it anymore, she claims its exema but its a horrible case then, if it is exema!


i really need suggestions!


i told her to maybe go to a doctor at a hospital or a johns hoopkins doctor or something, but idk!

My mom has extreme skin problems!?
I've had eczema all of my adult life and earlier. When it was at its worse I was prescribed cortisone oral dose packs and it knocked it out. Cortisone is pretty much a last resort, after topical creams %26amp; ointments do not help. Another thing which has helped me is sunlamps. One of the dermatologists I saw would put the effected areas under the sunlamp for a measured amount of time. She could also consider a naturopathic approach...I've done that too. In my case, I was told by the naturopath that the rash was caused by a yeast infection or yeast in my blood. Health food stores may still sell a product known as "Yeast Fighters". It's worth a try for her to try the natural route %26amp; contact a naturopath. Who knows, it may be allergies to certain foods and/or substances. It can be very painful. I also have had deep cuts, which the doctors called "fissures". Then they got infected %26amp; I wound up on tetracycline...so I know what she is going through. I hope you will consider telling her about my suggestions. Also, doing dishes can really irritate the condition. Even if she uses playtex gloves, the steam can make matters worse. So, maybe you can use paper plates %26amp; help her out with the dishes if you don't have a dishwasher. You may want to look into her diet, and eliminate refined sugar and products that contain sugars as these can make matters worse. If she is using prescription ointments or creams, she can try applying them at night before bed %26amp; sleeping with cotton gloves. This will give the medicine a chance to seep in well %26amp; work without constantly being worn off by using her hands during a typical day.


No comments:

Post a Comment