Thursday, July 22, 2010

Why is there STILL tension between light skin and dark skinned hispanics?

I'm half Puerto Rican, half Italian and I'm light-olive in complexion, and growing up I've recieved some hate (even nowadays) from hispanics of a deeper tan %26amp; darker skinned complexions. Truth is, I know the past, but why does it still continue when we can put it behind us and just get along and be proud of our culture regardless of skin shade? I've even noticed that between northern italians and sicilians (since sicilians are of darker hues as well). Why?

Why is there STILL tension between light skin and dark skinned hispanics?
I don't really know. I love all hispanics. I'm a medium tan and I get hated on by darker and lighter complexioned hispanics...I don't know why it bothers me though.
Reply:society sees lighter people as better looking is my only guess... i am a light hispanic , married a beautiful "darker" hispanic young lady


No comments:

Post a Comment